Semester Online's partner institutions are committed to providing a supportive academic environment for all students who take our courses, including those with disabilities. Our institutions review requests for reasonable accommodations on a case-by-case basis in order to provide students with disabilities with equal access to Semester Online classes.
If you wish to apply for academic accommodations, you must follow the steps outlined below as soon as possible. We strongly recommend that you submit your request for accommodations as soon as you enroll in your Semester Online course.
Steps to apply for an academic accommodation:
- Obtain an official accommodation notification from your home school.
- Please note that this may require you to complete the full academic accommodations request process at your home school and may take several weeks.
- If you already have an accommodation notification for the current semester for your on-campus courses, that document will suffice for your Semester Online request.
- Send your detailed request for accommodations along with your home school's notification to the contact listed below for your Semester Online institution.
- If you are taking multiple Semester Online courses at different institutions, you should contact each institution separately.
- The disability resource offices reserve the right to ask you for additional documentation if necessary to review your request.
- The disability office from your Semester Online teaching institution will then issue an official accommodations letter for your Semester Online course.
- The Semester Online support team will be notified of any accommodations that require technical support.
- It is your responsibility to proactively work with both your professor and the support team to make sure that your accommodations are in place for any assignments and exams.
- You must self-identify as an individual with a disability if you need an accommodation. Your home school and the Semester Online teaching institution will not proactively communicate with each other about your disability status.
- You should submit your requests for accommodations as soon as possible in order to provide the teaching institution with enough time to review your documentation. If you submit a request at the last minute, it may not be reviewed in time for the accommodation to be implemented for the assignment or exam where you need it.
- Semester Online is committed to protecting your privacy, and as such our support teams cannot communicate on your behalf to the disability resource offices.
Beth Rodgers-Kay, Director
Disabilities Services and Support
Office of Academic Services
Access, Disability Services and Resources
201 Dowman Drive, Ste 110 University Administration Bldg
Atlanta, GA 30322
(404) 727-9877 Voice
(404) 727-1126 Fax
(404) 712-2049 TDD
Services for Students with Disabilities
601 University Place
Scott Hall Room 21
Evanston, IL 60208
(847) 467-5530 Voice
(847) 467-5531 Fax
Accessibility Resources & Service
CB#7214 SASB, Suite 2126
450 Ridge Road
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7214
(919) 962-8300 Voice
(919) 962-4748 Fax
711 (TTY - NC RELAY)
Van D. Westervelt, PhD
Learning Assistance Center & Disability Services
Wake Forest University
(336) 758-5929 Phone
Cornerstone: The Center for Advanced Learning
Campus Box 1135
One Brookings Drive
St. Louis, MO 63130-4153
(314) 935-5970 Phone
(314) 935-7559 Fax